Wednesday, August 29, 2007

My Little Mimic

My little mimic

Today dd was all about being just like Mommy. We came to find out that she didn't own any black shirts and I didn't own any pink ones. So dressing alike would be difficult, Altho we both had grey shorts she refused to wear hers. "They are not pretty Mommy!" I'm beyond the pretty stage I'm all about comfort!

Little ones are constantly mimicking what we do. Shes been picking at her fingernails and I just realised either I'm mimicking her or I have been a poor example. I can't stand to have anything under my nails so I constantly clean them out.

Todays big argument was all about the "brassiere" yes that unmentionable undergarment. Maybe I should use the french version of the word bandeaux. but any way you spell it it was still funny and uncomfortable at the same time.
DD: "Mommy I want to wear one"
Mom: " No dear they aren't that much fun."
DD: "You do! and I want to be just like you"
Mom "Well you don't have the parts yet dearie."
DD "Yes I do Look, Right here!" Picture if you will a skinny child taking a deep breath and pointing to her last rib bones. It was so funny I burst out laughing. I think we need to study more anatomy in school.

I tried a diffrent tactic. I told her they don't make them in her size... but she wasn't buying what I was selling. You know that look of pure disbelife kids have, the little wheels in thier minds are turning I could just see it "Ya right... you alway say no to what I want, so this must be one of those times." I even let her try on some, but lo and behold they didn't fit, imagin that! DD is funny if it is "Not my size and to big" she refuses to wear it. Trying to get this to work for me... Failed. Her solution "Lets go buy one that is my size." sigh... out witted by an 8 year old. I was thinking if she only knew what wrinkles they made in her skin she would never put one on!

In our read aloud story today I read a song, so I sang part of it, so she would realize it was a song. When it came her turn to read for school, she sang the first 3 pages. I asked her to stop for a second since last week she told me shes not listening to herself when she reads. All I could think was this singing is all she is concentrating on and not listening to her self. But after 3 correct answers and detailed information about the story, I surprized her .. keep singing.. if you read and sing and you retain it, sing sing sing!!! heh heh heh she had that look "huh she likes it? This is supposed to annoy her"

So later in the day were sitting in prayer meeting I sat by my friend, her favorite "aunti," She begged to sit by her friend E. Eventually they got to sit by each other. He put his feet out, she put her feet out. He sat still, she sat still. He wiggled his fingers, she wiggled her fingers. Thank goodness E is the most polite child in the world. Can you imagine what would have happend if I put her next to someone hyper!

I need to remember everything I do is being watched her little mind absorbing good and bad habits like a sponge.
No wonder Mom and Dad were always happy to see us off. "Bye-Bye have fun! Don't call after nine at night" *wave* Whew now we can just be ourselves the kids are gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment